Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

11/23/2022

Is USD weakening now?

I have voted on 19th Nov 2022, and I thought that was it and I would refocus on chart. Apparently, I was wrong, because new issues continue to emerge as the result led to no one political alliance managed to gain even a simple majority, and they cannot work with one another due to their past crossing of swords. I have given an update in Hung parliament? Coalition government? Minority Government? in my other blog. Now it leads to the Agong has to hold a meeting with council of Sultan as this has never happened before in Malaysia. 

Now back to charting, I have an update on SGD a while ago titled Monetary intervention on SGD and a case for the currency (16th Oct 2022). It seems that USD has fallen further since my update.



Fig 1. SGD Weekly Chart
In my last update, I mentioned the possibility that it may fall till its 8-week moving average and worse 55-week moving average. It did not stop at 8, 21 or 55-week moving average, not even 89-week, but 144-week moving average. It closed below its 89-week moving average by the end of the week. 

The descent is steep and at present, and to me, the short bar in previous week is a possible sign of a short pause. Plus, the behavior of its previous ascension was mor gentle and I suspect it is a counter wave, considering that it also did not cross the previous high.

I can estimate with a zig zag pattern the projection supports are between 1.300 to 1.3569.

There is another support level that I am with some hesitation. The pattern formation has not yet completed. It is a POSSIBLE head and shoulder. However, I can draw an assume neckline for this and if it crosses with conviction, I will see a firm formation.

For the time being, I use the expansion measurement deducing the support at 1.166.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home