Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

6/01/2010

Serenade Hotel, Hanoi

This is my second day in Hanoi and I am staying in a Serenade Hotel at the old quarter. Somehow, my notebook does not react to any of the network connection here and I can't access to market data.*sigh* The last I heard from the forum is that today is a market sell down.

Anyway, I have quite an interesting experience at the hotel, I have just experience a 5 minutes power trip. The problem with hotels in Vietnam is that most of the rooms do not have windows, and if there, they are kind of small. So when the blackout happened, I was in total darkness.

I was in fact in a bit of a panic because my room was located at the far end from the staircase. I was worrying how I could walk my way to the staircase and out of the hotel at all?

It was then that I remember the door gift that I have taken at the seminar. It is a mechanical winding generator with lighting function. So using my hands to sense the environment, I moved slowly all the way to my notebook case, took the package out and start winding furiously.

The problem with the unit is that it is also a siren and the thing started giving our siren! I have to slowly feel in darkness the location of the switch and tested the direction for the lighting function. I finally got my light, I never thought I would be thankful to the door gift, just houe earlier, I was not even considering taking one unit!

Anyway, flashing back to the seminar earlier, I was one of the speaker. I have 2 concerns for my presentation: I was involved only in 40% of the material; and Vietnamese are not very good in English.

I really struggled through the presentation, did quite a bit of research on the material, rehersed a few times to make sure there is as least error as possible.

Still it was a little difficult for me to prevent errors from happening. However, I do not think the audience notice, in fact, I doubt that they understand a single thing that I said! Some of them I noticed started to have their eyes closed. I can't blame them, they were there since 9:00AM and my presentation was done at 3:45pm. I have been through full day seminars before and I can empathise with their feelings. Well, at5 least they enjoyed their lunch, and international buffet, the sashimi was great!

So one down, one to go. I am heading for Ho Chih Minh City tomorrow. Next seminar on Thursday and flying back by Friday. Can't wait to see what the charts are going to show. My extimate is that this mini rally might only last a short while since it is the 4th wave of the whole move.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home