Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

3/25/2015

What's happening in Australia?

I have just bought the data package for future yesterday and it was a blast. Compare to the Singapore stock market, it is definitely more vibrant.

Since 2 to 3 weeks ago, I have started tracking currency through Yahoo.com's charts. Not well equipped but at least with the basic. It was then that I have in mind that we should visit Australia this year (my family and I), reason is that AUD has dropped a lot against SGD.

So now with the chart I can even reveal more of AUD SGD.

Fig 1 AUD SGD Weekly Chart
 
At first sight is a 15-year length chart which shows 2 double tops, one completed its minimum objective and a second on its way. In between was a quick recovery. In fact it is revisiting SGD0.90.
 
Base on this chart, if I am to go to Australia, I woul choose the time when it is at this range.
 
However, the sharp drop and recovery caught my interest and a loaded a much longer time frame.


Fig 2 AUD SGD Weekly (zoomed out)

At this point, AUD certainly looks much uglier. with the sharp action during 2008-2009, it gives me a feeling that the chart is making some sort of a top formation (double top) and will continue its down trend. If the measurement is correct, it is going to SGD0.46. So may be it is by then that I should be visiting AUD? 

Whether this will happen, SGD0.90 is a very important level as it is a make or break situation for AUD. I think the indicators are helping to some extend, there are divergence against the drop and I think there will be a short term rise, but in longer term, it will continue the plunge. That is my opinion of course.

But the question in my mind is: What is happening in Australia? Is there an economic problem?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home