Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

2/26/2022

Russia, Ukraine and oil, 寜為玉碎,不为瓦全

 Just last week, I talked about my discussion with my friend, and that I have no interest in the Russia-Ukraine development. I saw that there was no justification of Russia to attack Ukraine and that the cons out-weigh the pros in this war. He will however cause disruption through proxy.

I was wrong, Putin went ahead with the invasion, what amazes me is the fact that he justified his invasion through declaring his recognition of the independence of 2 pro-Russia cities in Ukraine, these 2 cities started their bombardment to Ukraine held territories. Putin then started sending in troops claiming for peace keeping purpose. 

The military force of Ukraine can in no way compare with the might of Russia.  The president of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy called for all Ukraine citizen to stand up and defend their country. 

Putin went on air mocking the president of Ukraine, called for the army to rebel against their president and surrender to Russia


I saw traffic jams leaving cities of Ukraine towards Poland border. 


I also watched a Taiwanese program where they interviewed a young Ukrainian woman blaming the president for what is happening in Ukraine, claiming that he was without support and mocked him for asking people to defend their own country. There were also rumour that the president left the capital while support his call.


While I admire Putin for his daring attempt, I nevertheless sadden by his action. There is really no justification, this invasion is unnecessary. The only reason I can think of is his personal ambition. 

His appearance happens at the collapse of the USSR and Ukraine was one of the many countries claiming independence from the Soviet Union. Was his purpose the same as that of Adolf Hitler, or the Chinese "president" Xi Jing Ping, to regain their honor?

To start with, Ukraine was a sovereign country before the occupation of Soviet Union, its independence was granted by the then president of Russian Federation Boris Yeltsin. Unless its people voted overwhelmingly to rejoin Russia, it is not for Russia to take.

To the people of Ukraine, I would I want to say to you?

I recall my father bought a video cassette ( yes, it was that long )  on World War 2. In one scene, it showed the defeat of France and German troops mached through Arc De Triomphe, they were proud while admired the scenic view of Paris. Lined up on both sides were citizens of Paris welcoming their arrivals, these people were in tears, their capital has fallen, their country no more, and they are no more than a sub-class subject of another country.

To that woman who mock her president for calling his people to fight: 

Your country is not an aggressor, your country is being invaded by an aggressor, and you are doing Russia a favor by claiming the stupidity of taking up arms against the aggressor. You are a traitor to your own country. Have you ever wander what happen to traitors? They will be killed by the country that they service once they outlive their usefulness, otherwise they will be outcast by their own people.

To those who run for safety:  

Do you seriously think that everything will be all right when you return after the war? You no longer have a home to return to, you are a sub-class citizen of another country. Don't you even think of settling in another country, you are a liability and will never be accepted as one of them. Your destination is refugee camps. 

To President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and those who fight back:

I salute you and your courage, because there is no family without a country.

To Russia:

You are the people Putin refers to, you have no rights and no freedom of speech, you are ruled under a dictatorship. You should be the one who take up arms and rebel against your leader.

Fig 1. Light Crude Oil weekly chart

The Platform I used for my trading do not have a long data chart of light crude oil, I have to use the chart from Yahoo.com. Based on this chart, it is very interesting that Light Cruder Oil is showing reversal right now. It is going down.  Next few weeks will be interesting, I kind of wander if the petrol price will follow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home