Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

9/24/2009

A short break, and there are good and bad news on STI

It has been a while since I last up-dated my blog. In fact I have a pause since last wednesday. It was my youngest brother and the last of my family having his wedding, and he chose Hari Raya period to do so. I travelled back to my home land to attend his wedding, deliver a big Ang Pow and of course help out.

The wedding took 2 days because he could not book the banquet on 20th Sept 2009. So we have the day event on 20th while the dinner set on 21st. It was a grand event since my parents are business people. We have datok-datok and Datin-datin attending the dinner. Well, I wish them a happy marriage from here, though I still have one question in mind. How is it that my brother choose a girl with so much resemblance to my mother in attitude?

Another reason that I have not done any up-date was simply because there was no need to. What I have last entered still valid and the market went side way. I am still amazed that the newspapers still trying to support the theory that the market is recovering ( of course they may be right ). I personally believe (copy from Miss Teen USA, she really have a problem answering why only 5% of Americans can find USA on world map) there is limited up-side and there is a strong tendency for a correction. The market simply lacks wood to burn.



Fig 1 STI weekly chart

My last review indicated STI broken the Daily trendline but still supported (barely) by the weekly trendline. Well, base on what I see in fig 1, not any more. It has now broken the weekly trendline. Minimum a correction soon, if not a full retracement, assuming this is only the first wave and we are coming down with second. As far as I can see, the technical set up do suggest a bottom formation still in progress. Some analyst made known that the economy might be having a "W" shape recovery rather than a "V" or "U". "U" is out of the question because the shpe now looks more like "V".

Purely on technical term, let's not talk about alphabets, but reversal pattern. STI could really be doing a double bottom reversal and the shape would take more than a year to complete. Worse case would be a tripple bottom or head and shoulders ( taking not that it might not have bottomed which is still waiting for it at 1,300).

If I keep thinking of a bearish tendency, then what's the good news? Referring back at the chart, I wonder if anyone notice the crossing of 21 weeks moving average against 89 weeks? It is so far the only positive sign I see. However, this also normally means a correction ( some how base on my experience, the chart always correct to touch one of the moving average when a golden cross is made). So with this golden cross,should we still consider a bullish market?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home