Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

1/23/2010

HSI review

On my last entry about HSI, I predicted it to reverse the next day. I was right...at least for a day. My predict based on the fact that A wave was a zigzag,and B wave should follows the same pattern. The worst case I could see was it being supported at its "envelop" @20,940.


Fig 1 HSI Weekly chart

I am surprised that HSI broke through this level on Friday (yes, only on Friday that it broke below the support and stayed). Seems like its B wave was only a single up-move because this is very likely a C wave with its new low.

In the short run, it might still rebound back up before it heads further south. If base on the present set up producign a Double Top, its new objective is 18,980 instead of the earlier Wedge 19,647.The new objective seems more realistic because this also coincidence with the Fibonacci retracement of 38.2%.

Its nearest support is the 89 weeks moving average @19,740 while 21 weeks moving average is now resisting @21,254. The envelop resistance at the moment is located at 22,692.Both RSI and Stochastic are reversing downward.

So I guess winter comes late for HSI and Chinese New Year does not look so good there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home