Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

1/14/2010

Gann Grid on STI

I have a busy day today. I have recently applied my mind map to project tracking after I managed to get a HUGE whiteboard in my lab. I don't know about you, for me, it is the bigger the better. I can squeeze more information to enable a bird's eye view over project management. I actually managed to follow up with every single project's progress and more detail discussion with my Engineers over design issues. By noon, all work needed are properly carved out and execution in progress.

Probably my dis-involvement with the stock market at the moment also play apart. I have decided to skip the 5th wave because of the uncertainty. However, it still worth a continuous study of its chart at night for interest and practise on some new tricks.


Fig 1 STI Daily Chart

While going through STI last night, although I have noted the downward movement of the indicators, one parameter interests me, the Gann Grid lines. My alignement of the Gann Grid line is base on the highest point of the previous major wave and the First major low after that. It seems to me that the closer the chart to the point of measurement the more relevant is the Gann Grid. Every time, the chart touches Gann Grid, there are sure to be some abnormalities.

STI last night touched the Gann Grid and while indicators were down. The measurement I have for the Gann Grid was 2,908 (again?). It was significantly higher than the close yesterday (@2,888). I put down the Gann Grid value with expectation of STI supported with gap up or down after meeting the line.

It is some what interesting that it went up today with the support of Gann Grid.opening higher than 2,908. However, I see a weakness in STI because it did not manage to gain much ground and was clinching onto the grid line. I suspect tomorrow STI will go below the Gann Grid, and base on my wave calculation, we should be completing 5th wave anytime now, it may even be over already and we are seeing wave "A".

The support for STI is now at 2,873 while resistance created by the Gann Grid is 2,931. Let's see if STI can pull it off one more time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home