Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

2/07/2010

Counter waves of 3 waves versus 5 waves

In elliot wave principle, the complication always happens in the counterwaves, because it is in counterwaves that creates all sort of variation in a single chart.


Fig 1 STI Daily chart

Looking at the STI Daily chart, it seems that it is heeding the command of the penant formed, gapped down half way to its objective. At the same time, this created the 5th wave of the downward pattern. I was hoping for a 3 wave pattern earlier with the penant possibly broke down, It happened a few times already and I some time doubt the use of the penant. If it had been a 3 waves down, then we are likely to see a rectangle or triangle formation for the couterwave, thing would not be that bad then.

However, the fulfillment of a 5 waves pattern indicate a higher possbility of a zig zag movement with B wave having a "abc" movement followed by a C continuation.This means that the objective is even lower. As such the support level I mentioned in my last entry is becoming more significant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home