Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

12/02/2010

Oh! I missed England.....

While having dinner with my relative from England, I just realized how much I missed the country.

Lee Kuan Yew always said Singapore is unique, but seriously, there is nothing unique about Singapore. I am the destination expert for Singapore in http://www.tripadvisor.com and I find myself having difficulties tohave break through in recommendation on places of interest. There are simply too little to go around.

England is truly unique, how often you have people chasing after "Today in Parliament" the heated debate on issues, members of parliament asking questions simply because it concerns the welfare of the people who supported him. The level of brilliance the prime minister is definitely shown in the process. His policies is constantly being scrutinized by the MPs regardless ruling party or opposition. Best yet, there is no party whip, MPs vote because they make their decision. The British actually watch their "today in Parliament".

Comparing to England, Singapore parliament is a joke! Preprepared questions, childish and inexperience handling of rebuttal to the oppositions, only "constructive" criticisms allowed. Worst yet, the minister of the policy or the prime minister have the last say. I also find the ministers somehow fail comprehension because they respond to the questions with answers leading to the question. For example if the question is " how is eating this makes you more healthy?", their answer is "yes, I have eaten this." The joke is that the speaker of parliament considered the question answered. How can Singapore move forward with this kind of parliament where policies is not properly scrutinized?


Fig 1 Wing Tai Weekly Chart

Tonight, I am reading Wing Tai through the weekly chart. The daily chart is too distracting. Wing Tai is supposed to come down because of a head and shoulder. It has earlier retrace back to the neckline after breaing it momentarily. The trouble is it is now clinging onto the neckline, refusing to go down.

What I also see is the indicators trending down so most likely the counter should be going lower soon. But I am uncertain judging from the lack of movement on Wing Tai. Partially because it is moving in side trend, partially because it is at the apex of the Gann Grid lines. The weakness of chartist is when chart go side trend, it makes a difficult read and you won't know when is the counter really going to move. changing trend of indicators only tells its reversal but not the momentum.

Wing Tai is presently clamp between the 21 weeks moving average resistance of 1.74 and 89 weeks moving average support of 1.678. I figure that it is quite a narrow band. Sooner or later, it has to break either up or down.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home