Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

8/15/2015

EUR reached its minimum objective

USD was not the only counter with an impressive move this week. When I saw what happened to USD, I also reference over to EUR. It too went up and ended at 1.562 as of yesterday! So I went through my past blog on this counter. I predicted 1.56. Damn! I did not buy this counter! Okay, I bought some during my last trip to Munich and Villach, but it was in terms of a few hundred and I used quite a bit of them. So practically I am low on this counter.

Fig 1 SGD EUR Weekly chart
 
On  weekly basis, the indicators are inching up and certainly indicates more up-side for this counter, at the same time there is resistance in from the 89-week moving average @ 1.58. We should see some mild retracement from there. However, there is very little evidence here on patterns as to where EUR is going with SGD. So I have decided to go into the lower tie frame for more detail information and short term move.

 
 Fig 2 SGD EUR Daily Chart

With daily chart there seems to be more clarity. It is clear here that there is a reverse head and shoulders since stretched from beginning of 2015 till recent days and the break out is indicated with a spike on this counter. However, the move is not over yet as te head and shoulders indicates that 1.56 is only the 1/2 way mark and there are more to come.

Since I am again going to Munich by end October, I guess it is time to buy more. Now with this happening to EUR SGD, what about USD EUR? Since I am blogging on EUR, I might as well include USD EUR.

 Fig 3 USD EUR weekly chart
IC think I have blogged abot USD EUR in the past, and if so, I would have mentioned the triangle. As o today, this pattern still holds. The rise of this counter (I mean USD going up against EUR) still stands with support of 34-week moving average supporting at EUR0.88.

I have changed one of the indicator to MACD and it shows a support for upward trend. Similarly Stochastic as already moved above 50% mark. So what is the chart itself doing?

The way I see it, a congestion with a potential upward triangle. In fact it looks as if it is in some sort of a 4th wave or beginning of a 5th.

Anyway, I am looking forward to USD past EUR1 mark.  have told one of my colleague of this possibility and he did no believe it. It will feel good to show him I am right. Plus it will be good for my company since it will make our product cheaper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home