Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

11/04/2023

Nikkei moved!

My last update on Nikkei was on Dow Jones, Nikkei and Hang Seng Up-date 1st Oct 2023. I maintained at the time that Nikkei was in a counter wave with a possible support at 55-week moving average.

This week, the low of Nikkei is at 30,388 while 55-week moving average was 30,359. It did not really touch but they were close. At the same time, I also mentioned of another support level of 30,868. This is the 100% projection support of the counter wave.

The upthrust this week is decisive crossing the previous high of 32,660 reaching a height of 32,827 closing at 32,747.

Are we seeing a continuation that I have been expecting?





Fig 1. Nikkei weekly chart

Considering a steep slope heading north while a gentle one downward, I was anticipating a continuation after a 3-wave correction. 
However, it seems that the upthrust this week is stopped by at minor 100% projection resistance created by a pull back after a seemingly reversal bar. I suspect that it may lead to a short correction ( 1 to 2 bars) before continuation. 
The next level of resistance will be 33,425. 
Why I think so?
This level coincides the 127% projection with the present level of Bollinger band.

Thereafter, Nikkei will challenge the resistance zone between 35,532 to 39,156, the later would be the 100% projection level of a major move. The objective will not be achieved in the near future though, it is a major move and there may still be lots of factors influencing its climb. 
Let us continue to monitor its progress.

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home