Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

7/12/2009

HTL - History repeats iteself?

Many years ago, I chance upon HTL when it was completing its saucer pan formation. The move then was very interesting especially when the stock has been at bottom formation for many years (9 years). Its outburst was fantastic with a steep climb to the top.


Fig. 1 HTL weekly since 1995

I lost interest in HTL for a while since I already reached its top and retreated back to its bottom, plus, of course the birth of my son.

In recent weeks since the re-launch of my hobby, I took a look at HTL again.
HTL is again at its bottom working on a new bottom formation. The interesting part is that it is exactly the same formation during its last bottom, but the time frame is much shorter (less than 2 years).



Fig 2 Recent HTL chart pattern.

It is now creating the handle for its saucer pan. The theory of saucer pan is that the vertical moves would be the same length as its horizontal move. The prophecy of the pattern was fulfilled during the last ramp. IF this theory applies to all saucer pan, I gather that the move this time round won't be that spectacular. Nevertheless, it will still go somewhere, just might not be as great as it previously was. So History does repeat itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home