Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

7/01/2009

The USD SGD relationship

I have started to watch the Forex ever since I started thinking about time deposit in foreign currencies. The irst was AUD, which I thought about before my family went or the tour. It has just started to rise at that time but we did not manage to catch the wave, and I did not have my data ready. I was depending on charts on some web-site which only have some basic tools or charting. Even then, the chart was showing AUD heading or SGD1.20 (before May 2009).

It is a little too late to enter this currency now and I started looking at other currencies. I am a little surprise that when most o them compared to SGD, they all seems to be heading south!


Fig 1 USD SGD Relationship

Just using USD SGD chart or instance, The USD has already reached the 50% retracement and is retreating from its latest high. At the moment it is taking a breather and probably creating a flag before heading further South (may be winter is coming to USA soon).



I have only used Stochastic for USD and I have placed in an experimental (for me) Gann Grid. Base on the stochastic, it is on the way up but is reversing, somehow indicating a possible drop. The chart has also reached a Gann Grid and thus a reaction is expected.



My estimate is that USD is going for a swing move to head for SGD1.37. If I am wrong and it still think North is better, it would rebounce to the 38.2% retracement mark of SGD1.54, ending the high for the formation o right shoulder of the Shoulder-Head-Shoulder formation. Then we should be looking at SGD1.25 per USD. May be it would be a good time to plan or a USA trip?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home