Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

10/15/2009

Breaking 2,707 and still not out of the wood

I was on business trip to KL for the last 2 days. I took the usual mean of transportation, by road. It is not that my company cannot afford an air-fare for me. In fact, travelling became more affordable after my company swithc from MAS to Tiger Air. The problem is the transportation needed when I run around KL. My local sales are pre-occupied most of the time and it would be better for me to handle the customers by myself.

Of course that means almost no way to up-date my charts and monitor my counters (seriously I only entered one that I think is still safe). I was pleasantly surprise 2 nights ago when I noted STI broke 2,707 ( previous high ), it stopped at 2,708. The set up I have so far was bearish due to the wedge, it seems to me now that the wedge objective is broken (supposed to head for 2,500).


Fig 1 STI Weekly chart
With STI breaking 2,707. There are 2 levels which would be of interest. First resistance I see is 2,751 which I believe STI nearly met. This resistance councide with the lower envelop of the wedge, seems to me that it would be a hard nut to crack, at least for this week. The next in line would be 2,972 which happens to be a 2/3 retracement of its down trend.

While it is moving upward, both RSI and Stochastics are still on the upper half region with Stochastic displaying divergence. I am guessing at this point that we are still not out of the wood yet. If asked if I should be going in now, I would suggest not, at the same time it is not a time to sell. So the only option left would be "Hold".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home