Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

10/07/2009

STI

I have been pondering on one question lately. Every time I see the STI on Newspaper, there is this up-ward wedge clearly visible. Yet the wedge is not found on my chart. Well, I have finally found it after some cleaning up of the lines I have drawn.


Fig 1 STI Daily chart

It was hiding inside the triangle that I have drawn earlier. It seems now that I am having more confirmation of an STI retreat. The wedge itself tells me that STI should be moving towards 2,533 minimum objective. The recent ramming of STI thus a correction of a downward movement. It is taking a breather before trending down. Its daily moves are filled with Doji patterns. It is a sign of market uncertainties.

Best I would give at this moment would be a resistance at 2,686, which is not far from now.

Zooming out of the chart, it is exhibiting a reversal behaviour. For certain, the latest high is 2,707, which is higher than the previous one. IT then fall below the previous peak, a description fitting the non-failure swing profile.

The only way which convincde me of a break down of my prediction would be STI crossing 2,707. While that is so, I am still putting 2,809 as the objective

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home