Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

1/05/2010

HSI made a spectacular move today....

I was quite busy today with 2 meetings lined up for me. Happened that they are held in the west side of the island with one happened at 9:30AM while the other 3:00PM. I did not have much time monitoring the stock market. I only managed a glimpse of the indices through Yahoo.com and noted green all over, which seems expected. What is not expected was a strong showing on HSI! At first glance, I saw 300+ points up and before I left office for the meeting, it hit +450 from previous closing!

I got curious on this index and have a little check out, especially when it was supposed to be heading down towards 19,647 base on its wedge formation.


Fig 1 HSI Daily Chart

The HSI chart indicated HSI gapped up on opening and did not look back since, at the end of the day, it went up a total of 456 points at closing. Nevertheless, it seems to have reached its limit because it did not break its previous high. The set up seems to be a B wave at this moment and in progress of developing a flat, or rectangle, that is of course if HSI reverse from around 22,479. I see this as a resistance point for HSI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home