Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

9/12/2013

Will Singapore be announcing recession by 2015?


I am looking at the STI chart and noted that it is a double top in the making. Base on the duration of its first top which takes around 2 years to form, I gather that the second top will take similar amount of time.
By the time it it crosses its neckline, it will be 2015. Gosh! it will be the same experience all over again, job insecurity, no business and no way to clear inventory. I don't know if I can take another round of beating.
 
1985 is the first recession I met, I was worry about the continuation of my student life then, 1998 is where manufacturing moved out of Singapore, leading to massive retrenchment everywhere. I was lucky to change my career path at that point of time. 2001-2003 gave me the worst feeling so far led to my own depression. 2008-2009 I learned to position myself strategically to ensure my own job security. Now come 2015, the competition in my new company is even more serious when it comes to skill set and capability. This is a group of elite in Electronic field and highly technical. I am competing with them using my marketing and strategic management skill. Again it is all about positioning.
 
Anyway, better start preparing for 2015 to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home