Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

9/28/2024

Is China doing badly?

 I have been receiving more videos about how badly China is performing at this stage of time. Massive unemployment, closure after closure for factories and eatery outlets and people sleeping on the streets while airports are empty.

It makes me wonder: Is China getting worse? 

It really took a long time for China to reach the level of Asean at the cost of its Neighbours. It was also very scheming to trap countries to go in debt through its One Belt One Road project.

I was very negative on China market for a long while. My last update on China was So Biden and Xi finally met at San Francisco... on 26th November 2023. It was at the time when I noted a potential reversal on CNY, with ration that it was due to the weakening of USD. SSEC on the other hand would continue to weaken with potential support between 2,564 to 2,892. 

It was Trump who stopped China's ambition to dominate with its parasitic behavior.

Is China really continuing on its decline?

I began my investigation with checking on SSEC index. Unfortunately, something is wrong with https://finance.yahoo.com, it hangs whenever I download SSEC chart. 

Eventually, I managed to obtain a reasonable chart for analysis through a chart from https://uk.investing.com/.

Fig 1. SSEC weekly chart

Since my last read, SSEC went to a low of 2,6535 before reversing up, followed by a continuation downward by 20th May 2024, stopped by its 55-week moving average. 

What's interesting is that the downtrend did not break its previous low of 2,635 and surged upward this week, breaking through most of its moving averages, falling short of its 144-week moving average, and the neckline of its supposing head and shoulder. 

Where shall it go from here? 

With such a strong surge this week, it is possible for a correction in the coming week, falling back to the moving average resistance turned support.

Nevertheless, there is a high potential for it to go further after its correction with its next objective of 3,225. It depends a lot on where it can break the neckline. 3,174 will also be a crucial resistance as this is the previous high.  

Meanwhile, with its close to 5-year head and shoulder setup, there is still a chance of downtrend. Then the support will be between 2,006 to 2,335. For this to happen, 2,692 is crucial.

What about its currency, CNY?



Fig 2. CNY weekly chart 
CNY broke through the 7.0275 neckline of its double top formation this week, giving a potential objective of 6.7045 with support at 6. 8263.In addition, its double top formation also provides another range of support levels. It breached its 61.8% projection support of 7.0723 last week with the next range between 6.8551 to 6.9459.
It is likely CNY will continue to strengthen against USD.
At the same time, it is possible for the move this week to be a false break with CNY correction back to its 55-week moving average presently at 7.1596. The possibility of it continues upward (CNY weaken against USD) for the time being is low.

After thought:
After finishing this entry, I find it not really to my satisfaction. It seems that I have reservation on my view on the situation.
For SSEC, I am bullish with exception of a possibility that it may reverse the coming week, if the reversed bar is longer, then we should expect a continuation downward. 
However, when I looked at the daily chart, I saw 3 consecutive long bars with gap in between surging up. This made me feel that it is bullish at least on daily chart, if reversing down this coming week, I believe it is only a correction, with its 8 and 21-week moving average as the support. While the bars may look long, I should expect short bodies overlapping for the coming weeks.
The entry on CNY is much shorter than I have anticipated, because the pattern formed is relatively straight forward.
Why am I having reservation still?
The pattern is too obvious, this causes me to have some self-doubt that if 90% of the people see the same thing, it will lead to the counter to behave differently.   

 


 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home