Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

7/18/2009

Error of judgement

I was monitoring the STI during the recent days and noted that the correction that I certain would be here in fact did not arrive. I looked through my last entry and noted that the 1,962 destination was base on the assumption that the head and shoulder completion. In fact base on the previous set up, the STI would have broken the neckline and by right should be heading south now.

It did not happened. Instead STI broke the resistance line and headed North. Thus I have to re-examine where I went wrong on the chart reading.



Fig 1 STI Daily chart

As I moved my observation from weekly to a daily chart (fig 1), I have realized that STI has completed a Triangle and broken up-wards with a minimum objective of 2,503! I have made 2 errors here:

1) I have concentrated my reading on weekly chart alone. The advantage of doing so was reducing the noises. However, at the same time, it reduces the smaller details;

2) I was so certain of the head and shoulder completion (on daily chart) that it blinded me. Thus I was notable to see the triangle till it is too late.

Good thing that I am not seeing the same thing in my other charts yet. Rather, the whole set up made me doubt myself, "How can STI go down when the stocks are moving up?" So here is the answer for me now. So base on the latest set up, if I retreat to the weekly chart, a more probable set up would be a flag with objective 2,731.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home