Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

1/09/2010

STI playing hard to get...

My last entry took concern over STI's potential Engulf candlestick pattern and an anticipation that if STI is lower by Friday (which is common for a Friday's reaction), it should be heading south by Monday. Seems like STI won't want to make it that easy for me.


Fig 1 STI Daily Chart

What STI has created now is a Harami Cross. Because of its longer bar being bearish, it should see the STI moving North, because this is supposed to be a reversal pattern.

As for the indicators, Stocastic is moving south, but RSI seems to be reversing up. I was kind of expecting this move because, under normal circumstances, RSI is supposed to create divergence before the actual move begins. If this is so, my 3,003-3,010 level might still be reached.

As for the wave count, it seems to me that STI has also completed a minor 5-wave move in between 2 corrections. So this might still be a B of the the 4th of final wave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home