Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

1/07/2010

Correction / Reversal ahead?

Today is quite an uneventful day for me, all my department projects are in progress and I am eager for some Engineering satisfaction. While the projects are running very smoothly, I kind of having a sense of insecurity. It is like something will always go wrong. At present, the most important thing is timing. While market is still not as great, the component lead time is stretching and in short run there is no remedy to fix this.


Fig 1 STI Daily Chart

Meanwhile, the stock market today is in a sea of RED, literally, everywhere is falling!!!!! Actually it is not that bad today, STI for instance only dropped 17 points by the end of the day. However, the indicators are telling that it is due for a correction, if in Eliott's term, counterwave. I believe that this is the 5th wave and while it would climb to its peak, there is still a need for minor correction from time to time. The candlestick is also providing clue of a reversal pattern, known as engulf, it will need tomorrow for confirmation.

As I look at RSI of STI, it is turning south from the top for both 14 and 5 days. However, there is no show of divergence, yet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home