Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

3/15/2010

STI "Engulf"

Since my last entry on STI, some uncertainties has grown in me.This is mainly because STI then has broken the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement. I was wondering if in fact STI is heading for 100% retracement, since there is nothing much between 61.8% and the 100% mark. Futher to that, the evening star pattern did not come through and eventually it kept me wondering again when it is going to turn?


Fig 1 STI Daily Chart

Even for today, I was actually surprise of its bold move in the morning with a gap up of around 19 point. But it became more interesting after lunch when STI started its descend. At the end of the day, it was in the red.

The result is a potential "Engulf" candlestick pattern, the only thing left is the confirmation. If it is down tomorrow, officially we would be seeing a new downward movement.

Already both indicators started to head south. I guess in this case,B is completed. Now if I take a measurment base on zig zag pattern, its objective would be 2,618. IF however, I am wrong on this, resistance at 2,949.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home