Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

8/03/2010

Is STI reversing?

I am really slacking recently on my chart reading, not to mention taking much effort in up-dating my blog. The reason is that for a short period of time, there is another event happening now which is of much thrill, registration for P1! Yes, my daughter is going into P1 next year and I am registering her into the best school that I can affort.

In fact, I got her into the school which both me and my wife agreed upon, it is a SAP school. So you might wonder why am I still looking at registration result if my daughter is already in?

Well, I got my daughter in through phase 2B about last week. This week is the registration for phase 2C, as my daughter is in K2 right now, I also get to know of some of her friends, and of course parents of her friends. I also get to know their ideal school of choices. It turns out those schools are not easy to get in at all. One of the parents is aiming for Maha Bodhi which by tradition with oversubscription of 120-127% and requires balleting even for less than 1KM. The other parent is looking at Rosyth, which by now is oversuscribed by 282%, chance of getting in is close to 3 to 1. Both staying right opposite the schools.

I worry for these parents, I got to know them even though not in depth. They are also father and mother of a child and they want the best for their kids. I can feel their disappointment should they failed to let their child get the school of choice.

I am a father myself and right before knowing the success of my application, I too feared I might have let my daughter down. I remember my daughter ever asked me, "baba, are going to get me a good school?"

I remember the mother who wanted her child to get into Maha Bodhi told me that her daughter also asked her, "what if I can't get into Maha Bodhi?" Imagine the fear of disappointing the one you love. The stress of making it falls upon the parents whom for certain part need to depend on luck.

So every night, instead of charts, I am looking at the registration result first from Teletext, then http://www.kiasuparents.com/. Seriously, I am pretty worried for the girl who aims for Rosyth, according to the teacher, she is really an intelligent girl, it would be a waste if her application fails.


Fig 1 STI Daily Chart

I have skipped the weekend on charts, and when I am back looking at STI, it went further up, not only that it penetrated the previous high of 3,037 and went as high as 2,039 today.

However, the indicators are giving further warning through confirmation of divergence. I am afraid it is turning as we speak.

The support for STI is 2,947.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home