Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

9/17/2010

Trouble with Wave Count on STI

As the title suggest, I am having some issue with wave count on STI. This is not the first time I make amendment to STI's wave count, and I am looking forward for this to be the last.

The trouble with wave count on STI lies in its not very clear representation on the counter waves.


Fig 1 STI Weekly Chart

The first problem is the development between July to November last year. It is a counterwave but the extend of time needed to complete this wave makes me feel that it is a 4th wave. The other issue is the development between January to May 2010. This is a major counterwave. However, base on record, it is common to have the B wave overshoot A. The magnitude of the move is definitely greater than the 4th wave mentioned earlier.

I sense something wrong with the count but it does take the latest move of STI for me to further convince me with a recount. The latest move is a 5 wave pattern that goes higher than previous peak, this should not happen in a counterwave.

So after the recount, the scenario is much better. Now it shows that STI is on the 5th wave. Base on Fibonacci projection, it should meet resistance at 23.6% Fib projection @ 3,297. The support would be its previous high of 3,037.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home