Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

9/01/2010

Genting @ 1.80

I have been quite letargic lately. I have seen the sensei and he mentioned its because of the humidity and gave me some medicine. So far it has not been much effective. I myself suspect that it was contributed by my "waking" sleep. Been on work pressure lately and there are again human issue. May be I am on the verge of depression again. I had better get my psycholigical balancing check.


Fig 1 Genting Daily Chart

I also want to write about Genting today. Everyone know by today that it has gone up to SGD1.80 and probably no point saying that I have seen this last week. However, I think it is important to make this entry.

I saw the potential of this counter last week when it broke the fibonacci retracement line with gaps and congestion at 1.50-1.60 level. The break up was unexpected. But what follows should. Because of the gap, there is a measurement and I noted an objective of 1.80.

The problem was that I did not act on it, mainly because the regional market including the DJIA is moving south. While STI was out of phase, there is a fear that it might eventually fall in line. I have decided to let it go even when it could reach 1.80.

A call from my friend made me think. He often called me asking things about stock market and he has recently resigned from his job. Out of bordem, he set up a mind set of taking the stock market as a computer game and he ended up earning from the US market. While we were talking I noted Genting broke out at 1.60 and was at 1.65, I even told him that the target was 1.80. He commented," And you didn't buy? Why am I who is probably an outsider trying to earn money from the market while you know where it is going but does not want to gain from it?"

I think a part of me is in fear of failure and I have not yet overcome this obstacle. It is time that I do so.

While Genting is up at SGD1.80 and some even boast about it hitting SGD2.00. I ave my doubt at the moment. There is a divergence on the volume. On its first break out, there was a surge in volume, yet the latest break out the market has not shown the same enthusiastic. This also coincide with both Stochastic and RSI at the top.

There could be a little more that Genting should go, some where 1.85 base on one of my measurement of the swing move.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home