Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

8/22/2015

Singapore Press Holding

This is another counter with link to government. It is the major newspaper company in Singapore and it is known to many as the government mouth piece.
 
It was consistently being praised by the government with professional journalism. But of course, would the government say otherwise when the news papers fro this company, regardless English Chinese, serious or gossip,  are absolutely pro-government.
 
How much can we trust when the newspaper from this company can have overnight reaction to government policy release? The article would even contain interview with people reacting positively supporting and praising the government's action. Sound to me like North Korea.
 

Fig 1 Singapore Press Holding Weekly Chart

I did not do any charting on this counter, it is flat with exception of the 2009 incident. Again, the readership of this paper is deteriorating, we no longer see this paper appear at reception of every companies, neither do we see this paper at the front step of people's house in the morning. Its online "Stomp" was being criticised for cooking news and many netizens actually reject their sites.

My take is that, the chart should not be at this price at all. We should be seeing a decline on this counter, yet it is standing still at price unmatched by its business trnd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home