Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

3/30/2010

Some concern over USD versus SGD

My previous entries has been quite bullish on USD compared to SGD. However, I have my doubts recently.


Fig 1 USD Vs SGD Weekly Chart

While the most recent count of the chart indicated a completion of A wave and should be in progress of B. The shape raises a little concern. The end of A has penetrated 14,119 briefly before it retreated. This creates a possibility of a head and shoulder which to some extend is possible for a continuation pattern. The result might end with USD heading lower against SGD. the estimated target of the "potential head and shoulder" is 13,587. This seems to coincide with 13,417 objective of a swing move predicted earlier.

The chart is presently restricted by its moving average (21 weeks) at 14,043 while supported at previous low of 13,782 and the trend support of 13,942. I would see these 2 as vital points for USD to reverse up, breaking them will definitely means target of 13,417 to 13,587.

On the plus side, Stochastic is bottoming with strong suggestion to move up, well that is the only thing I see as a plus. RSI is showing reversal downward. The good part of this is it is also bottoming and has limited space to move.

If USD is to move higher, there is a resistance from the 89 weeks moving average at 14,348. This coincide with the (B,a) support turn resistance at 14,329.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home