Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

3/21/2010

SSEC could be a good potential investment

I meant to write this blog sinc ea few days ago, unfortunately my service provider M1's system is really bad. The traffic actually came to a a stand still until I gave up, not one time, but a few times. Seriously M1 really need to beef up its coverage on WIFI.

Ever since I have read the book on elliott's wave, I have done my best making wave counting a necessity to my system of measurement on every chart. SSEC was one that I actually made quite a few attempts on the wave count process, unsuccessfully. Its move between September 2007 till October 2008 was in a wedge formation. However, its downward movement was confusing because it resemble a 5 wave pattern instead of 3. while the move from October 2008 till July 2009 I can hardly find a pattern of the 5 waves. The most I can say it is either a short a and b wave with a long c, completing a counter wave of a sort, or at least part of it. It is not so possible for me to count the first wave as a one because of its zig zag behaviour (3 wave).


Fig 1 SSEC Weekly Chart

SSEC most recent's move (July 2009 to March 2010) created a congestion pattern, a potential symmetrical triangle. This formation would normally appear as a counter wave. The best I can come up with is the completion of A wave and in process of B. This again is part of a bigger counterwave started since 2007. The major A started September 2007 and completed by October 2008. The present A and B (in progress) is part of the major B.

With B being a triangle, chances are and upward C which would first fulfill the triangle objective followed by completing the Zig Zag move. As such, SSEC or its components would definitely be a good choice for a short term investment.

However, charting always show 2 sides of the story. There is always a chance that SSEC breaking out from the triangle on the lower envelop. Even if this is so, I feel that now is still not the time because you need 5 waves (abcde)to complete a triangle like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home