Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

4/30/2010

The completion of false break on STI

In my last entry, I harvested a thought that this would be the false break of STI and that it will go back above the trendline. Well, it did not complete the move in one day but 2.


Fig 1 STI Daily Chart
As you can see from the Daily chart, STI has by today moved above the trendline and stayed above. There are 2 predictions that I can make on this:

1) STI is about to have its trend reverse;
2) STI is still going higher;

I will assume that the next higher high would be heading for 3,068 (Fibonacci 50% projection) or 3,099 (Fibonacci 61.8% projection) before coming down. Let's assume my wave count this time is right, I make further projection of the 5th wave to be the same as 1st, then STI is going for 100% projection of 3,202.

This is possible judging from the minor wave count to make this correction a 4th of the 5th wave.


Fig 2 STI Weekly Chart
On weekly basis, the indicators are reversing yet no visibility of a divergence. It is possible that such divergence are much less available in weekly chart, it appeared before on this wave (since Feb 2009).

An after note on the case, I still find my wave count on STI a little wierd especially the 2nd wave which looks too small. The whole thing still looks like a 3 wave pattern of ABC. If this scenario is true, then the projection is going to hit 3,650 base on swing move. Now that will coincide with my projection on DJIA to reach 12,000 region. For now this is still speculative from my end.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home