Google
 
Web thoughts-denzuko1.blogspot.com

My Charting Blog

It is interesting that I start off this Blog when the Singapore Stock Market is heading south. However, this makes it more interesting for me to write on as the market turned volatile. My interest is Technical Analysis, TA for short. I love to look at charts and predicting where they are heading. This blog is or me to record my thoughts on the market. The articles on this blog are based solely on my personal opinion on the charts that I read and readers should not take it as absolute.

5/20/2023

Nikkei run away surge

I have been writing this blog for years and in its early days, I have relatively high number of readers. Since I stop ped my entries some time ago, naturally the readership dropped to zero. 

As I restart my blog recently (like last year), there is an average 8 readers checking on articles. I am all right with this as my intention is simply to key in my thoughts and track my practice technical charting. 

Other than the 3 main indices of my interest and some key forex pairings, I occasionally check on counters falling into the limelight. My entries are some time here and there.

So it is to my surprise today that there is a whopping 150 viewers checking on my blog yesterday. I have no idea who they are, probably only knowing that it is from USA. I have no idea on which article that they are looking into. 

The only thing I suspect that people are checking on is Anheuser-Busch which was downgraded and on the way down.

Anyway, I believe this is a once in a blue moon incident on my blog. After all, the time of blogging is on a sunset streak.

As for today, I will limit my update to only Nikkei 225 and not on all 3 indices, the other 2  counters have still not much indication of breakout.






Fig 1Nikkei weekly chartIt has now reached 

It is interesting to note of a breakout on Nikkei 225. It touched a high of 30,980, 173 above the previous high of 30,807.

At the same time, it also crossed the 100% projection of a shorter-term projection at 30,345. The next level of resistance is the 127% projection mark of 31,645. 

To be honest, I do not find the break out from the previous high decisive, because Nikkei closed the week with 30,835, a mere 25 points above the resistance turned support mark, coincidentally below the Bollinger envelop of 30,851. 

I suspect the coming week will have Nikkei going to test the 127% projection level. At the same time, crossing 100% projection is with tendency of entering potential congestion stage before moving further. 

Another thing with the recent move of Nikkei. I am seeing multiples of 3-wave patterns giving me a feeling of counter wave moves. Can this be the c wave of the B wave? 

There are also another 2 points to note.

First, Nikkei also broke out of a double bottom and we can estimate a potential objective of between 32,157 (61.8% extension) to 33,985 (100% extension). However, it will also mean that we might be seeing a correction soon. Probably the resistance at 127% projection will ask Nikkei to retest the neckline of 29,231.

Now, this part is on a larger move, The counter began to congest after a surge ended in 2021. This congestion formed a potential projection target of between 33,360 to 39,216. 

If this is true, then Japan economy will be having a very good future.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home